At the end of each month during 2010 I looked back and notated the highlight of the preceeding 4 weeks in one of the boxes on an Australia Map Journal ~
The idea, quite simply, was to
simply summarize the year on a single sheet ~
So at year’s end I’d have my
2010 year at a glance
If you want to see the project developing month by month, here is the category link to 2010 as I entered each month’s highlight.
For a closer look at the finished sheet ~
Here is January to May 2010
During which time
- We were featured in Giftrap Magazine
- Published our special edition Australia Map Journal
- Attended the Reed Gift trade Fair in Sydney
- Spent 2 months in Scotland
- Expanded the Map Magnet Range from 22 to 30 regions across Australia
And then June to December 2010
- Spelt out why we do what we do with our sharewords 🙂 *highlight your holiday adventures*
- Finalist in the Home based Business Awards ~ flew to Melbourne for presentation
- Kimberleys Map Magnet a flyaway success in August, during the WA dry season
- Our Alexa ranking went up, and with that we were included in the top 100 travel blogs list from around the world
- We sold our 100,000th Australia Mail-It Map
- Attended the ITE (Independent Travel Exchange) in Sydney
- Put out our first retailers Newsletter
Being a person who tends to breeze over each milestone as I scuttle on to reach the next, I must say, looking at it now in its entirity, it was quite some year!
And for such a little monthly input the rewards of seeing how the business developed and grew over 12 months has way outweighed the effort/commitment to do it!
I’m really looking forward to doing it all over again to create my
Care to join me? 😉
BUY your Map Journal here NOW!
I think that is such a positive and uplifting idea to remind yourself (and others) of all you have achieved.
Thanks Sally ~
I’m hoping it will also be an inspiration and reminder to others to give it a try –
It’s actually quite affirming that I have made advances, despite my not giving any of these events any credit at the time 😉
Thank you for this Linda, as I will do just as you say. Produce a one page sheet highlighting my milestones.
What I appreciate about this idea, is it moves the thinking from the perceived failures, or real disappointments, onto a real platform of achievement.
Catherine White recently posted..January 1 2011 single- minded
I also find my year flies by so quickly, I usually get to the end and find myself saying not only ‘where did that go’ but ‘what happened to/in that year’?!
Taking stock once a month keeps me more ‘present’, as well as you say, feeling positive that yes… advances, in some form or another, are being made.
I can definitely recommend, and look forward to comparing notes with you this time next year 😉
What a great way to look back and count your blessings. Done in such an artistic way too, well done!
Thanks Linda, I love this idea.
Ken Kaminesky recently posted..Dawn at the Pantheon in Rome
Thanks Ken ~
So simple, but it is so effective 🙂
The year flew by so fast, I’d never have realised what a great year 2010 was if it wasn’t for this LOL
Pingback: Year at a Glance ~ January 2011 | Journey Jottings
Pingback: Year at a Glance ~ February 2011 | Journey Jottings
Pingback: Year at a Glance ~ March 2011 | Journey Jottings
Pingback: Year at a Glance ~ April & May 2011 | Journey Jottings
Pingback: Year at a Glance - Where has 2012 gone... So far?