What am I doing walking along with a stick held aloft? 🙂
… Water divining?
Nope ~ Just out for a leisurely evening stroll in the bush 😀
But it’s spoilt when I walk into one of these!
A spider draped across my path waiting for dinner to drop in!
I’m not quite sure what type they are 🙁
Do you know?
They’re about 4 to 6 cm across
And they like to make their webs in the space across the path from bush to bush ~
When spotted in time, I’ll duck so as to leave the web unscathed and intact ~
But there’s just nothing worse than having an unexpected face to face encounter! Hence the safety precaution of the stick 😉
These little chaps are a bit shier
Camouflaged in a curled up leaf they lay in wait in bushes along the sides of the track ~
Obviously after smaller prey!
Where/When/How ~ What did I See, Hear, Smell, Touch, Taste?
- Stradbroke Island, Q. Evening walk
- SEE ~ long brown & yellow scampering spider legs, bulbous bodies
- HEAR ~ scrunching of dead leaves & twigs underfoot, snapping of surprisingly strong web strands across the path
- SMELL ~ honey myrtle & anticipation of an encounter
- TOUCH ~ sticky pieces of web stuck in my hair & down my arms
- TASTE ~ natural Aussie bushland